NSW STATE GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR EVENTS
The NSW Government has outlined the requirements for events once the 80% vaccination target has been reached. The advice received by NSSCC indicates that the Tarmac Rallysprint in November can proceed under the following conditions:
80% full vaccination target – This is expected to commence Monday 25th October
- Community sport for fully vaccinated ONLY – Competition can occur for ONLY fully vaccinated attendees which includes competitors, support crews, officials and spectators.
- All premises will operate at 1 person per 4 sqm indoors
- All premises will operate at 1 person per 2 sqm outdoors
- People under the age of 16 who are not fully vaccinated are allowed unaccompanied in all outdoor settings (Proof of age for Juniors will be required).
- Masks required for all indoor settings.
- Masks not required in outdoor settings.
Please be aware that NSSCC will be subject to Fines for non-compliance and these are significant. Because of this, the club will be enforcing the NSW Government requirements. NSSCC will be co-ordinating and checking that Covid Safe Check-ins are performed at the gate and that you and your team have undertaken vaccination. Please ensure you and your team ALL have proof of vaccination with you when attending the November 18 event. No Proof of Vaccination, No Entry (medical exemptions must have documents produced).
Please be respectful. We run the event using Volunteers. These are Government requirements and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Are you ready to RALLY?
You don’t need a supercar to enter, in fact just about any car will do… borrow your mother in laws Toyota Camry!
- Practically any car can enter
- If it’s a safe car, you can use it
- Non registered cars are ok
- Simple onsite scrutiny from 3pm
- No roll cage needed
- No Co-Driver – No worries, you can enter without
- Perfect for juniors, over 14 can enter
- Friendly team will help you get started
- First car starts at 6pm
Did you know that a co-driver is not mandatory for this Seasons Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint Series?
Whilst you can’t win an award or score points, you can enter the event without having a co-driver. So if you’re having trouble finding someone to sit beside you, why not enter anyway!
Do you plan on entering your 4WD Car? Or are you a 2WD kinda person? Whatever your preferred option, FWD, RWD or 4WD, make sure you enter this season. We’ve got plenty of cool stuff going on at this seasons events, so make sure you enter a round or two.
Want to make sure you’re mates know this event is on? Easy, just SHARE this Page!
Do you love cool cars? Do you love Rallying? Then you’ll love the Whiteline Tarmac Rally Sprint Series! Head out to to have a look.
The 2021/2022 Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint Series is held at Sydney Dragway, Eastern Creek. You don’t need to be an experienced rally driver to compete at the Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint. In fact you only need to be over 14 years old to compete. So if you want to drive your standard, modified, race or rally car fast on a road circuit in a safe and controlled environment, then you should come to the Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint Series held in Sydney on a weeknight each month during summer.
Entries are Open!
Entries for the Season and for Single Rounds are open!
If you are unsure or have any questions, please check out the FAQ’s below and read the Supplementary Regulations found in the Documents section.
On behalf of NSSCC we welcome your participation at this seasons Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint 2021/22.
This event reflects several more NEW updates based on feedback from previous years events as well as the impact from the COVID pandemic:
- Single drive entry option.
- Revised track layouts – more changes for this season with new areas available.
- Keep reading for more benefits.
WORDS FROM THE TEAM:
As the event director leading a motivated team of volunteers, I have implemented as much as we can based on feedback from you, our customers.
This STILL is the closest tarmac rally event to Sydney, giving you reduced travel costs to get to and from the venue, as well as a fun location for servicing your car.
We look forward to you joining us this summer.
The roads are a mix of fast, slow and challenging sections suiting all cars. 100% of the course is smooth asphalt.
This year again, awesome media packages are available to purchase when you enter the event. The media packages will feature footage of your vehicle and various levels of packages are available. Find out more information below on the video packages and last year’s event PR Media Guide.
Above all, we want you to leave with a smile!
Brett Middleton – Clerk of Course
The proposed course for the 2021/22 Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint. The red line is the proposed long course planned for the December, February and March rounds. The yellow shortened course will most likely be used during the November round due to Dragstrip surface requirements. It’s looking like being a fantastic course with the extension through the new carpark.
Overview of Vehicle Requirements
- Blue Triangle Battery Sticker is required.
- Safety Triangles are NOT required.
- Mud Flaps are NOT required.
- A Motorsport Australia compliant first aid kit is NOT required (but suggested).
- A Fire Extinguisher is NOT required (but suggested). If you do have fire extinguishers in the vehicle (1kg minimum) they must be securely mounted and not with tek screws.
- Slicks, rally tyres or road tyres are allowed.
- Tyre warmers are allowed.
- Race cars, drift cars, etc are allowed as long as they have safe seating for the Co-Driver and a fully operable passenger door from the inside. If this is not the case, the Driver only entry option is available.
- You must remember that the Driver and Co-Driver must be safe, so internal door trims and leg protection must be in place in case of a side impact. So please be sure ample roll cage padding is used as well as no hard objects such as modified dash mounts and centre consoles are present.
- Bonnet pins are not required if you still have the factory fitted catch and secondary catch operational.
- Road registration is not required.
- Roll cage is not required in a closed car (but recommended). If you have an open top car you need a Motorsport Australia compliant cage (NOTE: fitting a hardtop does not make the car a closed car).
- Full harness seat belts are not required (but recommended)
- FHR (Frontal Head Restraints) are not required but encouraged.
2021/2022 Video Packages
OHM Productions will be providing extensive video coverage of each round of the 2021/22 Whiteline Tarmac Rallysprint. Two highlights reels and three competitor stories will be produced from each round.
In addition to the videos produced for the event, you can get your own video made. OHM Productions has a range of series and single round packages to suit all budgets. You can buy your package during the entry process or anytime after by contacting the team at OHM Productions on firstname.lastname@example.org
All video packages include:
- Approximately 10 separate shots from cameras around the course at each round
- Provided as an MP4 Video file in High Quality 1920×1080 HD format
- Uploaded to a Google drive for easy download
Like the photographs used on this website? They were all taken by motorsport photographer Roy Meuronen, and Roy will be back as our official photographer again for the 2021/22 season. Want to purchase a high resolution photo? Roy has a website full of motorsport photographs from last season and will post all of his photographs for sale this season. Check out his work.
Overview of Crew Requirements
- A civil drivers licence is not required.
- Both crew must have a Motorsport Australia Licence (Speed Licence or higher).
- Both crew members must be a member of NSSCC to enter. If you are a member of another club, you can apply for the special NSSCC Summer Membership for $25 (expires at the end of March). If you want the Junior Series deal, you must be a FULL NSSCC member.
- Both crew need a Motorsport Australia approved Helmet. This must be in good condition and not look like it has been kicked around your garage.
- If you have a FHR (Frontal Head Restraint) we expect you to wear it. It is not compulsory for this event but recommended.
- Apparel: Long non-flammable clothing that covers from ankle to neck to wrists (if you own a driving suit we expect you to wear it) and closed shoes. Apparel regulations can be found here: Technical Appendix (motorsport.org.au)
- Drivers of 14 years and over can enter.
- Co-Drivers of 14 years and over can enter.
- Triple Driver entries in one vehicle is NOT allowed. The maximum amount of Drivers per vehicle is two.
- The same Co-Driver can ride in multiple cars.
We are starting a list of co-drivers who want to ride shotgun with drivers at the coming Tarmac Twilight Rallysprint Series, FREE.
Often we have drivers who want to enter but cant find a co driver.
If you are keen you can co-drive in up to 3 cars per event!
You will need to have;
- Motorsport Australia Speed Licence (previously a L2S)
- Be a financial member of NSSCC
- Long clothing
Simply head over to the events page and make a post beginning with “I want a free ride”.
Drivers can then see your post If you then organise a ride, you can edit your post accordingly PER event!
If you are not a member or do not have a Motorsport Australia licence yet, see the How to Enter section.
Please contact the Rally
Secretary for information
Please contact the Rally
Secretary for information
M: 0413 042 763
Please contact the Rally
Secretary for information
Frequently Asked Questions
For a comprehensive list of common quesitons.
No, the course is easy to follow so they can enjoy the ride or give you suggestions! All they need to do is get you to arrive at the start line on time and carry the time card and hand it in at the finish!
REMEMBER this year you can enter with a Driver only (this means though that you will not be included in the results but you will see your stage times at the event).
No, restrictors are not compulsory at the event.
Scrutineering for the event will follow the Motorsport Australia Return to Race Scrutiny of Vehicles and Apparel Guidelines: https://www.motorsport.org.au/covid-19
The Scrutineering process will be different for:
- Vehicles with a Motorsport Australia Log Book
- Vehicles without a Motorsport Australia Log Book
NOTE: Scrutineering processes may change closer to the event due to changes to the COVID Guidelines.
Please check www.nsscc.com.au for any event further regulations and changes.
Scrutineering for Vehicles WITH a Motorsport Australia Log Book:
A vehicle with a Motorsport Australia Log Book does NOT need to be checked by a Scrutineer.
The Competitor must, prior to the event, email the Event Secretary a filled copy of the two approved Self Scrutiny forms found here:
- Self-Scrutiny Checklist – Rally Road: https://www.motorsport.org.au/docs/default-source/covid19/scrutiny/self-checklist-rally-road.pdf?sfvrsn=f5c12b0b_11
- Event Entry Self-Scrutiny – Statement of Vehicle Compliance: https://www.motorsport.org.au/docs/default-source/covid19/scrutiny/self_statement-of-vehicle-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=30153519_11
The Competitor must also email the Event Secretary a copy of the Vehicle Log Book including the vehicle details page and the event log.
Spot checks on competing vehicles will be made during the event/s by the Event Scrutineers. The Vehicle Log Book must be ready to be checked at any time during the event/s.
Scrutineering for Vehicles WITHOUT a Motorsport Australia Log Book:
A vehicle without a Motorsport Australia Log Book will need to be checked by an approved Motorsport Australia Rally Scrutineer. There are two options for Scrutineering:
Competitors are requested to have their vehicles scrutineered by a Motorsport Australia Regional Rally Scrutineer in the 2 weeks prior to the event. The list of Regional Rally Scrutineers is available at http://www.rallynsw.com.au/info/organisers/scrutineering/
The competitor must email the Event Secretary at email@example.com to get a copy of the Event Scrutineering Form prior to attending regional scrutineering. If the correct form is not used, the vehicle will need to be re-scrutineered at the event.The Competitor is to fully fill out the form prior to visiting the Scrutineer (the Scrutineer will ONLY sign the form).
The Scrutineer will perform a non-contact walkaround of the vehicle and check of apparel compliance. If satisfied, the Scrutineer will sign the Event Scrutineering Form by using Covid safe hygiene practices and return the form to the competitor. The completed form is to be emailed by the Competitor to the Event Secretary prior to the event.
It is recommended that regional scrutiny be utilised where possible to reduce demand at the venue on the date of the event.
2.Event Venue Scrutineering:
Event Venue Scrutineering is available at the Sydney International Dragway Scrutiny Bays on the Eastern (dragstrip) side of Rally HQ (Blue Building). See Appendix A location map for details. Event Venue Scrutineering is available between 1500hrs and 1715hrs on the day of the event.
There is limited time for Event Venue Scrutineering.
To be eligible for scrutineering at the event YOU MUST email the Event Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an allocated time. YOU CAN NOT JUST ARRIVE AT THE EVENT for Scrutineering without first contacting the Event Secretary. Bookings for Scrutineering will be closed once entries close for each event.
Once you have booked a time for Event Venue Scrutineering, the Event Secretary will email a copy of the Event Scrutineering Form. The Competitor is to bring a fully completed form to the event to present to the Scrutineer (the Scrutineer will ONLY sign the form). NOTE: No printed forms will be available at the event.
It is the Competitors responsibility to present their vehicle to the Scrutineer in a timely manner to ensure that enough time is allowed for the vehicle to be checked for compliance. It is recommended crew arrive early, as it’s expected to be busy and delays will occur.
The Scrutineer will perform a non-contact walkaround of the vehicle and check of apparel compliance. If satisfied, the Scrutineer will sign the Event Scrutineering Form by using Covid safe hygiene practices. The Competitor will need to present the form at Event Documentation.
Every event has new car numbers that we provide at event documentation. You will be notified of your car number the day before each event when the Seeded Entry List is published (keep checking the website www.nsscc.com.au to download the list)
The numbers are based on single or dual entries as well as shared Drivers and Co-Drivers.
This is not a 100% seeded field as we also often group cars together based on model and speed and need to take into consideration time for dual entries to swap over.
Sorry, we are unable to guarantee the same car number at each event.
No, the course is 100% asphalt.
That is up to you, the course is no different to a suburban street or freeway.
You decide how fast you go.
No, 100% stock cars are common.
The event is run as a closed-to-club S1 Rallysprint, this permits us to have more freedoms than other types of events.
Yes, but if your club is an affiliated Motorsport Australia club then you can apply for a special discounted NSSCC Summer Membership for only $25.00.
To be eligible for NSSCC Summer Membership, you must be able to present your valid (other club) full membership at the event.
PLEASE NOTE: To claim the junior entry discounted package you can not use this deal, (you must be a full NSSCC member).
Visit the NSSCC Membership Portal to become a Summer Member: http://nsscc.com.au/portal/
No, we do allow entries that have a Driver only, however these entries will not score points or awards. Stage times will be available at the event so that the Driver only entries can compare their times to the Driver/Co-Driver teams competing for the Series Awards.
The Co-Driver must be 14 years and over.
Easy, you can enter the event with TBA in the Co-Driver fields and secure your spot. We can then help you find a Co-Driver before the event, please contact the Event Secretary – Adriana at email@example.com
If you have a car with a Motorsport Australia Log Book – you will need to provide the current Self Scrutiny Forms before each event.
If you have a car without a Motorsport Australia Log Book – you will need to be scrutineered before each event follwoing the Covid Guidelines.
Read the FAQ “How do I get Scrutineering” for more information or check the event Supplementary Regulations.
You can enter the event as a Driver only. Driver only entries will not be included in results, but stage times will be available.
The event is run at the Sydney International Dragway so unless your car is louder than a top fuel car you will be okay.
Yes, we would love to have you help promote and drive entries for the event. Having more entrants will ensure the event is back next year.
For all the information needed, refer people back to this site http://nsscc.com.au/twilight-rallysprint.
We would also love to promote your team so send any information and pictures to the Event Secretary – Adriana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and content related to the Twilight Rallysprint Series