Planning for the 2022 Rally of the Bay is underway. As we get closer to the event, you’ll be able to find everything you need from documentation to media releases, here on the website. Need to find us quickly? Just remember that rallyofthebay.com.au will bring you straight to this page!
There is now an FAQ section on this page. Please read this before contacting the event secretary.
There has been some extreme weather across the state over the past 12 months and this has seen a number of event cancellations due to the condition of forestry and shire roads. The Batemans Bay area has also suffered from these weather events and some of the traditional roads that are used for the event are not in any fit condition to be used in 2021. But don’t despair!! The team has been out in the forest scouting for new roads and we think you’ll like what we have found.
In 2021, there’ll be two separate events. The Bay Stages and Bay Ramble. Unfortunately, due to the road selection, there’ll be no Bay Meander Introductory Rally this year.
Bay Stages Event
Four awesome special stages have been selected and these will be repeated to provide a total of 8 stages. We’ll be using the 8km Ridge Road /Dog Trap Road to the east of the highway, just behind the township of Batehaven before heading over for a 14km blast over Buckenbowra Road and into the roller coaster Ross Ridge Road. After a quick splash of fuel and maybe a 5 minute service, you’ll head out to the west of Batemans Bay to the technical Wallaby/Western Distributor stage. One last competitive stage before service over Clyde Ridge Road and into Lyons road and Heat 1 is over. Then we do it all again for heat 2.
The Bay Stages will be part of the NSW Rally Championship (NSWRC) and East Coast Classic 4WD Rally Series (ECCRS-4) and East Coast Classic 2WD Rally Series (ECCRS-2). The first seven stages of the Bay Stages event will also count towards the NSW Clubman Rally Series (CRS), NSW Hyundai Rally Series (HRS) and the ACT Regional Rally Series (ACT).
The Bay Stages event features:
- 2 Heats
- 8 Stages
- Pacenotes or Roadbook can be used to score NSW, ECCRS and ACT Points
- Roadbook MUST be used to score Clubman (CRS) and Hyundai (HRS) points
- Approximately 125km’s competitive
- Total distance including liaison will be 330km
- First car will start at the Service Park at 8:45am
- First car will finish at approx 5:30pm
- G4 and AP4 cars now eligible for NSW Points
- Rally HQ at the Batemans Bay Marina Resort (same location as 2020 – new name)
- Service Park at Corrigan’s Beach Reserve, Beach Road, Batehaven
Bay Ramble Event
For those on a limited budget, NSSCC has created the Bay Ramble event that is just the first seven special stages. This allows teams competing in the NSW Clubman Rally Series (CRS), NSW Hyundai Rally Series (HRS) and ACT Regional Rally Series (ACT) to complete just the stages that count towards their series if they want. The event features:
- 1 section
- 7 stages
- Pacenote or Roadbook Option (To earn CRS and HRS points you must use the Roadbook)
- First car finishes at approximately 4pm