THIS INFORMATION LAST UPDATED at 11:30AM on 3 July
Planning for the 2020 Rally of the Bay is well underway. Please check here often as we will be updating it regularly as we get closer to the event. And be sure to tag yourself as going on our Rally of the Bay Facebook events page for easy notifications of updates.
There is now an FAQ section at the bottom of this page. Please read this before contacting the event secretary.
The event will be very similar to last years Rally of the Bay with three separate events taking place:
Bay Stages Event
Seven awesome special stages with only two of the stages repeated. The spectacular River Road and ever popular 40km Runnyford Road stages form part of this event. The Bay Stages will be part of the MTA NSW Rally Championship (NSWRC) and East Coast Classic Rally Series (ECRS).
The first five stages of the Bay Stages event will also count towards the NSW Techworkz Clubman Rally Series (CRS), NSW Hyundai Rally Series (HRS) and the Techworkz Automotive ACT Regional Rally Series (ACT).
The Bay Stages event features:
- 2 Heats
- 7 Stages
- Pacenotes or Roadbook can be used to score MTA NSW, ECCRS and ACT Points
- Roadbook MUST be used to score Clubman (CRS) and Hyundai (HRS) points
- Approximately 139km’s competitive
- Total distance including liaison will be 317km
- First car will start at the Service Park at 8:45am
- First car will finish at approx 5:30pm
- Service Park at Corrigans Beach Reserve, Beach Road, Batehaven
Bay Ramble Event
For those on a limited budget, NSSCC has created the Bay Ramble event that is just the first five special stages. This allows teams competing in the NSW Techworkz Clubman Rally Series (CRS), NSW Hyundai Rally Series (HRS) and Techworkz Automotive ACT Regional Rally Series (ACT) to complete just the stages that count towards their series if they want. The event features:
- 1 section
- 5 stages
- No repeat run over River Road and the Drury stage
- Pacenote or Roadbook Option (To earn CRS and HRS points you must use the Roadbook)
- Approximately 103km competitive
- Total distance including liaison will be 227km
- First car finishes at approximately 3pm
Bay Meander – Introductory Rally
Are you new to the exciting sport of rallying? Want to try it out but don’t have a roll cage, frontal head restraints and a dedicated rally car? Then the Bay Meander is specifically designed for you, the new competitor. This rally requires limited car setup and only a Motorsport Australia non-speed license for Driver and Co-Driver. The event is timed to the nearest minute and uses 4 stages of 59km competitive distance.
Scoring Points in NSW and ACT Series
Make sure that you familiarise yourself with the series regulations that apply to you. Each of the series has specific requirements and these can be found on the Rally NSW website, ACT Rally Series website and general regulations on the Motorsport Australia website.
Some of the conditions that exist include:
- G4, AP4 and R5 category cars are not eligible for NSW series points
- Driver grading restrictions are in place for the Clubman Series
- The Roadbook must be used to score points in the Clubman and Hyundai Series
- Frontal Head Restraints must be used for all but the Meander event
Please consult the relevant series conditions and regulations for the complete list of rules and regulations.
Because of the current COVID-19 Pandemic, additional work is required for the event to go ahead. The Supp Regs cannot be issued until a fully documented COVID-19 plan has been established by the organising team. Work on the plan and documentation is progressing well and we expect to have regulations released shortly. The COVID-19 Plan will have implications for both NSSCC as the organisers and also for competitors, so it will be important for all teams planning on entering to ensure they familiarise themselves with their COVID-19 responsibilities as detailed in the Rally of the Bay COVID-19 Plan that will be provided.