Gravel access roads, surrounding the venue
On closed roads and private property
The Sunday format has been chosen to allow rally enthusiasts to indulge in their sport without cutting into family and leisure time on an evening or traditional Saturday format.
It is also time efficient with the venue located close to the geographic centre of Sydney.
The event is run as “two events”:
- The NSW V Sport Rallysprint series event.
To score points and enter you must comply with level 2 rallysprint rules. (you need a clubman rally licence [minimum] and a full roll cage)
- Other than above, you can enter this Non NSW rallysprint event.
It complies with a Level 1 Rallysprint. (and score no points and have no roll cage and have al least a L2s CAMS licence)
The road is 90% smooth gravel.
with $15,000 worth of upgrades in February, the surface is incredibly good.
%20 of the course is grass that will turn to smooth dirt after the first pass of cars.
3 runs in each direction will be allowed.
Results will be based on the cumulative time of your best two runs in each direction
Maximum field is 60 entries plus 5 reserves.
The same driver can enter more than once, as long as:
- The driver is in separate cars
- The cars are not in the same class
Where do I enter?
Event will open soon and will be via this page only
The event will start with documentation and scrutiny available on site from 8 am,a drivers briefing at 9:45 am, recce from 9 am with competitive runs starting at 10 am and wrapping up around 5:30 pm.
We can do scrutineering on the day but you MUST be there early so we can get through everybody (8am would be ideal). Alternatively, please think about doing regional scrutineering so you can get straight into the action Regional Scrutineers
- Does my co driver need experience?
No, the course is easy to follow so they can enjoy the ride or give you suggestions!
- Do I need a special rally car?
No, almost any car can enter, roll cage is not needed, but recommended. Under body protection is optional.
- Is there any asphalt?
The course is 90% gravel and 10% asphalt.
- I dont own a race suit, do I need one?
No, see below for clothes you can wear.
- Will I crash my car?
That is up to you, the course is nothing different to a suburban street or freeway. You choose and decide how fast you go.
- Do I need special racing brakes or modifications?
No, 100% stock cars (with minor rally mods) are common.
- Do I have to join NSSCC?
- If I am a member of another club do I still need to join NSSCC?
- I am a member of a car club, how do I tell if they are a CAMS club?
Easy, check here http://www.cams.com.au/get-involved/clubs/club-finder or ask your club president.
- Do I need to have a Co driver.
Yes, the rules require a passenger. What they do is up to you!
- Does my passenger need special training?
No, all they need to do is get you to arrive at the start on time and carry the time card and hand it in at the finish!
- I have a car with rally rego (that I get renewed yearly) do I need to attend scrutineering at each event?
Yes, every event has separate scrutineering to ensure all cars are safe, within 7 days of the event.
- I am doing the whole rallysprint series, do I need to get scrutineered every event?
Yes, at present we need you to have your car checked every event, either at the event or regionally. (see options)
- I have a race car and no passenger seat, can I enter?
As long as your car can safely carry a passenger, and your car complies (see FAQ above) yes you can enter.
- Is there any noise restrictions?
It’s run at Sydney Dragway! Is your car louder than a top fuel car?
Then you will be okay.
- Can I help promote the event?
Yes, we would love to have you help promote and drive entries for the event.
Having more entrants will ensure the event is brought back next year.
Refer exact details here
Last years event was a success
- Two types of scrutiny is available
- Safety triangles (x2) must be carried
- A CAMS compliant first aid kit
- A fire extinguisher (must be securely mounted, (NOT with tek screws))
- Rally tyres or road tyres are allowed
- Bonnet pins are not required if you still have the factory fitted catch and secondary catch operational
- Road registration is not required
- The following is required :
- Roll cage is NOT required
- NOTE 1 To score points for the V sport NSW state rallysprint series you need to enter with a roll cage.
- NOTE: 2 We encourage roll cages. The cage does NOT have to be CAMS compliant, but MUST be deemed SAFE at the discretion of the scrutineers. IE
- Roll cage padding
- Above head and
- beside legs and arms
- Sufficient structural integrity to meet the needs of a high speed accident
- Full harness seat belts are not required, but recommended
- HANS device are not required but encouraged
Refer regulations here for exact details clothing, helmet, requirements, etc
To check your CAMS licence type for this event OR to apply for one, please refer this page
- A civil drivers licence is not required
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Drivers under 18 will require a co driver of 18 and older
- Co driver can be 16 and older as long as the driver is 18 or older
- Both crew need a CAMS approved Helmet
- Long clothing (if you own a driving suit we expect you to wear it)
- Closed shoes
- HANS device is NOT needed (but recommended)
- Driving suit is NOT required (but recommended)
- Both crew must be registered CAMS club member,
- You need NOT be a NSSCC member to enter
- You MUST be a member of another CAMS registered club
- OR join NSSCC for a full year via the same link
- Both crew must have a CAMS licence (L2S or higher) , a handy info sheet on how to is here
- NOTE: to score points for the V Sport NSW state Rallysprints Series, you need a CAMS Clubman Rally licence or higher.
- Double entries are allowed
- The same co driver can ride in multiple cars
- If you have a race suit and HANS device etc, we expect you to use them .
- If you don’t own this equipment, you can wear long sleeves and trousers with closed shoes that are non flammable
According to North Shore Sporting Car Club’s president, Brett Middleton, this event will particularly give rally exponents a chance to hone their skills and technique while having a fun evening in a safe and controlled environment.
As a Rallysprint the event will be run under the CAMS National Rally Code and Rallysprint regulations with both a driver and co-driver in each car, both requiring a level L2S licence or higher, opening the event up for novices wanting to get a taste of rallying before making a larger commitment.
Each car will have the chance to have at least six runs over the course at each event and cars can be entered multiple times with a different driver for each entry.
- At least one of the crew a NSSCC member $275
- Normal entry $295
- Additional co driver $40
Event Director/Clerk of the Course
Work 02 97674545
Mobile 0408 261 043
Assistant Clerk of the Course
Mobile 0407 209 245