CAVES CLASSIC – Follow ON-LINE
All the latest Videos from the 2020 Midstate Freight Caves Classic Rally will be in the playlist below
The most recent videos from Caves Classic Rally
NSSCC will be providing a running update from the Caves Classic Rally. Latest information on top.
- [10/10 8:50pm] Rally is over, won by Tony Sullens and Kaylie Newell in the Citroen Ds3
- [10/10 7:02pm] Car 1 (Tom Clarke) has arrived back at the service park. We will have to wait a bit longer for the rest of the field.
- [10/10 6:07pm] At the end of SS7 Mal Keough (Car 10) leads the Midstate Freight Caves Classic Rally from Tony Sullens (Car 2) in 2nd and Tom Clarke (Car 1) in 3rd.
- [10/10 5:40pm] All teams except 2 made the start line for Heat 2. The leader board seems to be swapping around a bit. Follow on at ChrisSport for results
- [10/10 5:00pm] Teams have services and regrouped and are heading back out for Heat 2.
- [10/10 2:57pm] More updates on Facebook and a new video up. Car 1 and 18 should be back for Heat 2
- [10/10 2:07pm] Update on retirements so far in Heat 1 on FaceBook.
- [10/10 12:30pm] Car 12 is reported to be off in SS1, crew safe on the side of the road
- [10/10 12:10pm] First 6 cars have finished SS1 – stand by for some times.
- [10/10 11:37am] Car 1 is about to starting Stage 1 of the Midstate Freight Caves Classic Rally
- [10/10 11:05 am] First video is up from the service park.
- [10/10 10:45am] Drivers briefing is happening – cars are set to leave at 11.30am.
- [9/10 9:08pm] We’re signing off for the night and will bring you updates throughout the rally tomorrow from 8am
- [9/10 8:40pm] Documentation closes soon, will reopen again in the morning
- [9/10 1:20pm] Make sure you follow NSSCC on Instagram
- [9/10 1:09pm] Documentation will be ready at approximately 1:30pm
- [9/10 10:12am] Documentation due to open today at 12pm
- [9/10 9:30am] Website updated with links to Videos, Timing and Rallysafe
- [9/10 7:30am] One day to go… First car starts at 11:30 am Saturday
- [8/10 9:00am] Setup crews are in the forest getting stages ready
- [7/10 7:00am] The Caves setup crew have left Sydney, heading for Oberon
Midstate Freight Caves Classic Rally
A message to the Rally fraternity from Jon Thomson.
As Clerk of Course for the Midstate Freight Caves Classic rally, I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in the face of our need to have to postpone the event, due to the NSW Health directive on regional and state sports events.
In announcing our new date of 10th October, we acknowledge that it would not be the optimal timing in a normal year, but this is not a normal year. We didn’t have a state round until July, so the first six months were lost to the crisis. Ideally we would be running the Caves on 5th September as originally scheduled, but the crisis intervened again.
The 10th October is now the only weekend available on which to run a delayed Caves Classic rally. The NSW Health directive does not end until 1st October, that means the 3rd October is on the Long Weekend and not possible. The Bathurst 1000 is now on 17-18 October, so that rules that weekend out. The 24th October is just one week away from Monaro Stages, so that date is not feasible.
As I say Monaro Stages is on 31 October while the National Capital Rally is on 28 November, so the 7th, 14th and 21st November are all out, because any one of them is too close to both of those rallies, and would mean three state rounds in four weeks. Going into December is also not possible because it is outside the permitted Forestry window. That means that we had no choice, it is either 10th October or not at all.
At NSSCC, as a very strong rally club, we feel obligated and compelled to give rallyists and the rally community a great rally that ensures the Championship means something with four strong rounds and some great competition in a really tough and difficult year.
We know you can’t please everyone all the time, but we have gone out of our way to make sure the Caves route takes in the smoothest and best roads available in the Oberon area and we hope that you as competitors come and have a go, because you won’t be disappointed. It is also the only roadbook rally in the NSW Championship and I can promise you that it is a really fantastic, enjoyable and fun drivers rally.
So thanks for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you at Oberon on 10th October.
Jon Thomson – Clerk of Course
We welcome onboard our 2020 Naming Rights Partner – MIDSTATE FREIGHT
For over a decade, Midstate Freight have built a strong and reliable network of express freight services delivering daily throughout the Central Western area of NSW Australia through their own facilities in Bathurst, Orange, Dubbo, Mudgee, Lithgow and Cowra employing over 80 local staff with over 65 delivery vehicles.
Midstate Freight partner with leading freight transport and logistics companies to ensure fast and efficient local, national and international express freight services for local businesses and residents.
The Midstate Freight team are passionate about their business and dedicated to providing value for their customers.
Each depot is staffed with a Manager for the effective running of the day to day operations and to take charge of staff and operations.
The team at Midstate Freight believe that the customer is number one and the key to their success.
MIDSTATE FREIGHT is recognised for its commitment to quality, service and safety and its continued innovation in the development of its process and systems to support our customers.
Similarly, MIDSTATE FREIGHT is recognised as a dynamic industry leader in the transport sector and is known for striving for quality, solution focused approaches and importantly delivery on time and in full. Midstate Freight started in 2006 when an opportunity arose to purchase a small delivery service operation out of Bathurst delivering into Mudgee three days a week. The business quickly grew and within twelve months were running five days and two extra trucks, one contracted to Australia Post. Five years later they have six depots, over 80 staff and upwards of 65 vehicles in the fleet.
The MIDSTATE FREIGHT group solutions can be summarised as follows:
– Reliable and professional organisation with second to none experience in transport and warehousing.
– Business infrastructure that can support the full end to end supply chain requirements for all business partners.
Familiar and ALL NEW stages including:
Lowes Mount – 10.4km
Roberts – 10.4km (repeated)
Essington – 18.9km (repeated)
Beemerang – 20.5km (repeated at night)
Staceys – 9.5km (repeated at night)
Service Park in Oberon
Remote Refuel in Black Springs
Scoring Points in NSW Series
Make sure that you familiarise yourself with the series regulations that apply to you. Each of the series has specific requirements and these can be found on the Rally NSW website, and general regulations on the Motorsport Australia website.
Some of the conditions that exist include:
– G4, AP4 and R5 category cars are not eligible for NSW series points
– Driver grading restrictions are in place for the Clubman Series
– The Roadbook must be used to score points in the NSW, ECCRS, Clubman and Hyundai Series
– Frontal Head Restraints must be used
Please consult the relevant series conditions and regulations for the complete list of rules and regulations.
Documents – Event Notice Board
Event COVID Documents
No Campfires Allowed
Due to high fire danger, campfires and barbecues using wood, charcoal or other solid fuel are banned.
Contacts and Organising Team
Frequently Asked Questions